Friday, December 14, 2018

so it's been a while

We moved and I forgot my password, then I got depressed, then I decided I didn't care about the blog anymore anyway because nobody used their blogs anymore and nobody looked at mine. But who cares. I actually enjoyed looking back at my adventures. I'm sorry -not to you whoever you are- but to me for not keeping it up.
We moved again a few years back. Ben is a teacher now, and he loves it. We bought our house last fall.
Our daughter is in 1st grade and kicking butt. She's a top student, gets amazing grades, can read at like 6th grade level, and I'm just so stinking proud of her and how hard she works. Our son is 6 months old. I was reading what Abby was doing at right at 6 months, and Owen is not quite there yet, haha.
Maybe Abby has always been an over achiever. Maybe I was pushier with her than I am with him. I find that I have very few memories, and the ones I do have are flawed. I'm glad to know she didn't get her first teeth until 9 months. Owen is still all gums, haha. He's a wonderful talker, I'm sure he'll have great language skills. Funny thing though, I know I made a concerted effort to not speak baby talk to Abby. I can't help myself with Owen, haha.







These picture of her are probably two years old. That's her eating the Smiling Fish at Little Blue Elephant in Minot. We love sushi, and we love Thai food. Everything at this restaurant is delicious. Also, Abby loves a good dinner date with Dad.

This girl loves her brother.

She likes to read to him, and she wants to hold him alllllll the time.


So Owen is going to be 7 months in a week, and his only trick really as that he can roll. He can't do that if he's thinking about it. And he really hates tummy time. He likes his jumper. He loves food and his toys. He loves to pull hair and chew on Ben's beard.

We went to Glacier National Park via Canada (our first time leaving the States) this summer with the Hansens and spent some time in Hamilton MT with Ben's Grandparents. It was awesome.
Would you look at that beard? Ben had to pull it out of his shirt after putting it on because the hair had gotten so long. He's still bearded but it's not quite that long.

Here's a pic from Hamilton.
Best burger I ever ate, and I ate the whole thing.
Here's another from Hamilton, and one of Abby with her friend.

 We also bought a camper this summer. We went to the state fair with it, and camped at Clearwater lake twice with it. Ben's parents came up for Owen's baby blessing and stayed in it.

They also came so Mark could make Ben a High Priest. Ben got put in the bishopric right around Thanksgiving. It was so great to have family here for that. We had a great Thanksgiving with them and Anne and Austin.
I'm serving in the young women's presidency, and I enjoy it.We feel very blessed to live the life we live.

No comments:

about this site