Friday, July 20, 2012

Sorry if my language gets out of hand.

This blankity blank freeking flipper of a rooster attacked me yesterday.
I was wearing shorts and flip flops and the bleep bleep turkey cornered me and started attacking me with his large and powerful talons.  Luckily Ben and I have made it a point to carry what I call the "chicken stick", which is just a stick, but meant for handling attacks like I was unfortunate enough to encounter.
Weilding the stick in front of me, I waved it back and forth, trying to persuade the *#!@ to back off. He was not interested in doing so. He kept jumping at me and I kept batting him out of the way, over and over. I kept trying to smash the creep hard enough to stop him, but it took about five minutes of beating at it and a mighty tipple smash to the face for it to finally flee. I nearly passed out several times throughout the day because the adrenaline rush left me empty and frazzled.
I know the jerk is smaller than me, and only a bird. But I bet that $#!@ weighs about 25 pounds, and he comes up to just past my knee. The thing is, I've never had a creature try to destroy me before, and it was surprisingly upsetting to my psyche.
I told Ben about it and he said the beast had destroyed another rooster before we got him. That's all I need, an aggressive bulldog-bird chasing me around the pasture all day. Anyone feel like rooster for dinner????? Anyone???
In other news, we got chickens :D.... Yay....
If you can't tell, I'm being sarcastic.
Here's a pic.

Yep, big bad bum-brain is the one in the middle. There are 12, although we thing one of them may have joined the herd, because Ben is sure that he only got 11 to start. They are very silly, and sometimes I get a kick out of them.

In other news, Abby is 9 months now :D! I am happy about this one. She is getting more and more sweet every day. She is also getting her first teeth, two bottom ones at once... YIKES! I'm happy for her though, I'm excited to see her grow and develop well. Isn't she beautiful?! I love her so much!

3 comments:

Katie said...

She's so fun!! I already need some more ab-i-dale hugs.

Team Boo said...

This post literally made me laugh out loud. :)

kris said...

You are way braver than me... that's the reason I don't have animals- I'm sure if I did they would attack me :)

about this site