Monday, January 11, 2010

a nap

This is for Erican, she has a dream blog and she always remembers things so vividly. This is the first time in a long time that I've been able to remember some semi-vivid things from my dream.
I had a dream today while I twas napping. Two actually. In the first, we (ben and I) were driving from preston to richmond. I had a little pain in my mouth and touched my tongue to one of my front-sideish bottom teeth (I don't know the names of teeth but it was on the left side) and I realized that it was loose. I cringed and then touched the tooth again and it fell out!!!! I reached in my mouth and pulled the tooth out and tasted the warm blood. The tooth was really weird. looking at it, I could totally tell why it fell out because only a small piece of it could have been rooted in my gums (it was twisted up and then back down like an S). I sucked my lips in and could fill the dip between my teeth and my gummy gums and I started to wail and moan. I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to have it put back in, which is in fact one of my greatest fears, loosing a permanent tooth.
We came to this deserty area and our road started getting very hilly and loopy, and then there was a mirror immage of the road up in the sky. the road turned to this redish brown color, like dry cracking blood, and it was shaped like a curving sickle cell, deep curves down and then back up to a sharp tip. there were hill all around us shaped the same way. The dips in the road were getting deeper and steeper until we couldn't go any further and we had to pull off the road.
Then my dream changed and I was at my parents house. I could hear my dogs barking like they were very upset so I went out on the deck to check on them and there were some stray dogs (they were shaggy white and gray sheep dogs) in the yard. I hollered at them and told them to get, but they just came up on the deck and rubbed up against my legs and it tickled. I was so angry that they weren't listening and I tried to kick at them and tell them to shoo, but they just kept rubbing past me.
Then I went numb. I tried to wake up but I was just in blackness. Then I would wake up for half a second and be dragged back into my comatose state. I had this feeling that I couldn't breath unless I was awake, like I was underwater and coming up for seconds of air. I finally came out of it, but it was such a struggle that I couldn't move and didn't want to for about five or ten minutes.

3 comments:

Carey Johnson said...

yucky yucky dream. i've had dreams like that. at least the end part anyway. it usually ends with me not able to breath and gasping for air, knowing it's a dream but not able to get out of it. let me tell ya' those are not fun dreams.

yours truly said...

i'm glad you did a dream post! now you will never forget it...not that it was a pleasant sort of dream (or dreams rather). I hate that when i cant breathe. my tongue usually feels like its stuck to the roof of my mouth and i cant move it out of the way to force myself to breathe.

ps i like how you described the sky (i think thats what it was you were describing...) the red that looked like dryish or cracking blood or whatever.

yours truly said...

...oh it was the road that was reddish. i had to go back and read it again. i read through it kinda fast the first time :)

about this site