Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Expecting

Well, I'm technically seven months pregnant, however I've got three months to go. I'm due in just under twelve weeks (which I've calculated to tell me how soon Jeffy will be home from the mish., if you're curious he's got about 13 weeks left). I've been planning on blogging and journaling the whole experience but I've been pregnant and working and tired, full of reasons not to, and just haven't given myself time to do it.
Abigail is kicking me, I never realized how violent the kicks and hits could be. I've had her literally throw my arm off my stomach. Usually she just wiggles or gives me small jabs, though.
I can't really begin to explain what an interesting trip this has been for me. We went from thinking adoption and foster care were our only options, to being pregnant within weeks. After five years of trying, it was truly the answer to the prayers of many and a deep and dear tender mercy. The day Ben and I found out I felt a very special impression that, "yes, it really is time", God's time of course, and I know that the time He gave me and Ben was a blessing to us, and that the children we receive from here on out will all be miracles from God, more so than I think they would have been otherwise.
As far as timing goes, the answer may have been there all along, but we were blessed with the inspiration to try going to my family's chiropractor for help, only when the time was right. It was the right time, and many family members' fasting and prayers played into it, too, I believe.
There are days when I question what we were thinking, ha. "How on earth are we going to take care of a kid? We barely take care of ourselves?" Things like that come into my head often, and also, in my first four months while I was so sick, I didn't always feel so blessed. It's funny how fast we can forget our blessings when trials show up. But when I think of that moment of love shown to me by my Father in Heaven, I know that everything will be great, and that this is something he really wants for us.
So, here are some pics of my developing bump, it's quite enormous now, and looking back, wow, I seem so small.This is me at about four months.
This is also at about four months, me and Lady got to be pregnant at the same time, haha. She was showing quite a bit more than I was at this point.This is at 6 months, really starting to pop out :D. Just wait till you see seven months, lol, where will I put the next three months of growth??? haha!That's that! I'm uber round, and depending on how fat and swollen I get in the next three months, you may not see anything past this point :D. Thanks for reading and viewing, hope you enjoyed!
P.S. We've moved, we're in a house in Wellsville, a little three bedroom 100 year old rental, we've got our dogs (we kept one of the pups, her name is Jodie, we may or may not keep her but she's pretty cool, I'll post pics of her another time) and a few sheep in a pasture out back, and a beautiful garden, feels pretty homey out here.

2 comments:

Celeste said...

I loved coming into your blog! You are such a cute pregnant lady! I really hope you and Ben are doing well!

Katie said...

It makes me so happy to see your baby belly! I just love it.

about this site